Sunday, October 26, 2008

Oh Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun, please shine down on me

A couple of mornings ago, I went running and about half way through my run, I looked up and saw the big dipper. At 7:00 in the morning. I should not be able to see the big dipper at 7:00 in the morning. I should see the sun. It should be bright and sunny and cheerful, and I shouldn't have to worry about whether cars can see me well enough to know I'm there and not run me over. I don't want to be able to have a quick astronomy lesson with my kids before I send them off to school. Really.

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Amen to that! I had been doing so well and now at 6:30AM our road is pitch black. And cold. Coldness is almost as bad as darkness for me. I have to have pretty ideal conditions.

Jen Bay said...

Well, decidedly I'll never have that problem, because I can't imagine the day that I'm out running at 7am... or at 7pm for that matter. It's a character flaw, I know.