Tuesday, October 7, 2008

BYU vs. Washington

I have been meaning to post this for a while. About a month ago, Sparky, Thing 1, and I went to the BYU-Washington game with a bunch of friends. My parents drove over and went to the game with us, which was fun. Now, if you follow BYU football, you know what a close game this was. We're up by seven, Washington's quarterback has a fantastic run into the end zone, celebrates by flipping the ball up into the air and gets called for excessive celebration. Washington fans cry about it, boo-hoo. I think it's a lame rule, but it is the rule. If you have a problem, take it up with the NCAA and get the rule changed. Anyway, they moved the ball back for the extra kick, and BYU blocked the kick for the win. I could not stop celebrating (which for me consisted of jumping up and down and screaming my head off), until a guy a couple of rows in front of us started taunting the Washington fans in the next section. I wanted to shake him and say, "what are you trying to do, get us killed?" The Washington fans have hated BYU since 1984 when they claim we stole the national title from them, so who knows what they'll do when provoked.

Luckily we made it home safely. I learned two things at the game: 1. Washington fans are whiners. 2. Wahington fans like to brag about how "established" their stadium is, but all that really means is it's falling apart and the seats are brutally uncomfortable.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Diana said...

I'm sure Steve appreciates your loyalty to BYU. I love reading your blog. Very entertaining.

Also...I thought I was the only one who blogged late into the evening. It's nice knowing I'm not the only one. I found out how to cover up and put in a different time and even date if I want to. Shhh! It's a secret! See you tomorrow 8-)