Thursday, June 5, 2008

Tag - I'm It

So, apparently my lovely friend and cousin CDR has "tagged" me.

The rules: Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

What was I doing ten years ago? Let's see, I had just graduated from BYU, living in San Diego and about a month away from giving birth to Thing 1. I was mostly living in my in-laws' pool trying to cool down.

What are five (non-work) things on my to-do list for today: Read to my kids, make dessert for 30 to 40 people for tomorrow, play basketball, talk to Sparky on the phone, order our new carpet.

5 Snacks I enjoy: pickles, candy, cashews, dried fruit, and ice cream (The pickles and ice cream make me sound pregnant but I swear I'm not).

Things I would do if I were a billionaire: I never know what to do with this type of question; I'm just not dying to have lots of money. I think I would just spend it on the people I love, take lots of trips together (Germany and/or Hawaii, anyone?), maybe get some huge cabin somewhere so my family and friends could gather and spend time together. I would probably get a house in San Diego and keep our house here in Washington, so we could go back and forth. I think I would end up giving a lot of it away, maybe start some sort of foundation or after school program for kids in this area. Boring, I know, but I'm just not the type of person to spend a thousand bucks on a pair of shoes. Oh, and I probably would have to break down and get my kids a Wii, because I wouldn't have an excuse not to anymore.

Places I have lived: Provo UT, San Diego CA, Reno NV, and Silverdale WA.

Jobs I have had: Retail, various odd jobs at a hospital in Reno, Athletic Trainer, Piano Teacher

The 5 bloggers I am tagging? Jenn, Diana, Potato Girl, Rachel, and Mako


7 comments:

cdr said...

I love it. Thanks for playing tag with me.

mako<3 said...

Thanks for the tag!

Unknown said...

First of all, I love it and thanks for the tag. Secon, why didn't I think of a secret code name. I didn't think about all the things. Maybe soon, I will have to make the necessary changes. I can't wait to see you guys in July. yeh!

Diana said...

Thanks for all your info. I've seen tagging on blogs before but nothing like this. Usually you have to name things that people don't know about you. Have you seen those ones? Anyway, I finished this earlier but had to let Teesha use the computer for her homework. I just got back from a late grocery shopping trip and then put all the groceries away and had to finish loading up the dishwasher, then I had to come check e mails and remembered that I needed to let you know about my tag. Although I bet you already knew about it since you have google reader. I'm so glad you told me about it. I love it!!! Anyway, I'm rambling and I better finish up and go to bed. Hope you guys are doing well. Talk to you soon 8-)

Emma Jo said...

Thanks for the link! I am always excited to add another friend to my blog reading list. I can't wait to catch up on all that your fam has been up to!
Emily

Emma Jo said...

on a side note, do you know the Sara who gave you the idea for "Thing 1 and Thing 2"? Because that would be a really weird coincidence.

Fireball said...

It's a friend that I knew in San Diego. We did a babysitting co-op together. She lives in Iowa now, and her blog is the Corn Fed Kilgores on my blog list.

I actually thought about tagging you, Emily, but I knew things were crazy right now for you with your move. If I were nearby, I would watch your kids or help you tackle those boxes in your office.