Saturday, June 14, 2008

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

Yesterday, Thing 3 was carrying around his backpack and told me he was ready for our trip. I found this slightly amusing since we aren't leaving for a couple of weeks. Later, I noticed the T.V. remote was missing, so I checked to see if he'd stuck it in his backpack. No remote, but I did find some fun stuff in there.

Things a three year old packs for a summer vacation:
Shoes
Jacket
Monkeys
A packet of instant oatmeal
Fruit snacks
All of our letter refrigerator magnets
Book of Mormon
A hymnbook
Han Solo
Little pirate guys
Little knight toys
Compass
The top of a toy fire extinguisher
Two books
Hammer
Football

Not bad, not bad. We have a couple articles of clothing, a little food, and if we get lost, Thing 3 can tell us where to go with his compass. I'm impressed that a Book of Mormon made its way in there; I can't tell if that was randomly thrown in or not. I love the packet of instant oatmeal. Of all the food we have, he wants to bring oatmeal? It wasn't even a good flavor; it was one of the "regular" packets.

Now I have to see if I can unpack it all and put it away without him noticing. And by the way, anyone know of any good hiding places for remotes?

3 comments:

cdr said...

Where are you going for vacation?

Fireball said...

Yellowstone, Lava Hot Springs, and Utah. It's going to be one of those never ending car trips for the kids. I've never been to Yellowstone before, so I'm looking forward to it. Then we'll hit San Diego and Spokane later in the summer but we will be Sparkyless on those trips.

What about you, Miss Traveling Reality? Going anywhere fun this summer?

cdr said...

That sounds fun...except the car full of kids part. That might be a little bit trying. Take lots of pictures so we can see everything!

My traveling days are sadly sparse this year so far. But next week I'm headed to Savannah GA and Charleston SC. I'm excited because I've never been to those places and I've always wanted to go.

(I miss San Diego. *sigh*)