Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Prophet Said To Plant a Garden

Here is my attempt to grow an herb garden:



Seriously. This is why I don't own pets! I thought I was doing great - you know, I use fresh herbs all the time when I cook, so I'll save some money and grow my own. Food's getting expensive, and we're supposed to be self reliant, but I am just going to have to find another way to do it. This is the third time I've tried to do this, and each time they've been completely dead in less than a month. My grandma, who is a gardening genius, is just going to shake her head when I see her at the family reunion this summer. I feel like I'm letting her down. Hopefully she has passed her talent on to one of the other
grandkids, because I am a genetic dead end when it comes to gardening.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad that I am not the only one without a green thumb. I have had a couple of good years of growing a garden, but usually most things end up dying or not being edible. We have had cantelope and watermelon that didn't taste like anything, and carrots that were very short and fat. This year, my garden area is just weeds... surgery on an ACL is not conducive to gardening!

Lilly said...

I feel your pain! I cannot get anything to grow! Last summer we had a small garden in the backyard, and it was a big flop! Autumn had fun with it though! Maybe I should try again.......

Sara K. said...

Ha! I, too, am botanically challenged! Thank goodness I live in the forest, where lots of deer and other wild animal are sure to eat my gardened goodies, so I find it the perfect excuse to not even try.

Jen Bay said...

Wow! found your blog! It was linked to Trish's when you left a comment. It was fun to find you. If I had your email address I can invite you to read ours... so glad I found you. (send me your email so I can send you an invite to our blog) jenstampin@sbcglobal.net Jen Bay

cdr said...

I've actually had pretty decent luck with growing herbs. My trouble is that once they've grown and they are all large and lush, I feel like it would be cruel to actually cut them down or cut their leaves off. So last year I grew all these herbs that I barely used and then they died anyway when winter came along.