Saturday, June 7, 2008

Losing Teeth and Sleep

A few nights ago, I was sleeping peacefully when I was shaken awake by Thing 2. “Mom! Great news! I lost my tooth!” Great news. Stop the presses. I looked over at my clock. 1:35. I decided at that moment that I am completely out of touch with what it's like to be six. He was practically doing a jig by my bedside, and all I wanted to do was roll over and go back to sleep. I gave him a “That's great, buddy,” and sent him off to bed. As an after thought, I called out, “I'm pretty sure the Tooth Fairy has already passed our house, so don't bother putting it under your pillow. We can do it tomorrow night.”

I have to say, he does look cute without that tooth.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lilly said...

He does look cute! I hope the tooth fairy was good to him!! Thanks for all the help today. We couldn't have done it without you!
Jenn