Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Playground Etiquette

Earlier today I took Thing 3 to the play place at the mall. When he was done, he came over to sit by me and put his shoes on. Before he could get started, a little boy of about 3 came over and stood in front of him. He stared at Thing 3 for about 5 seconds, and then wiped his nose on Thing 3's knee, and then ran off. Seriously, nose to knee. Thing 3 looked confused and then completely grossed out.

What do you do in a situation like this? A) I could go the parent, but it seems like it's an adult form of tattling. "Your kid wiped his nose on my kid." I could B) scold the kid myself, but that never goes well. Kids don't care what you say to them unless you're their parent or their teacher. Plus, if the parent caught me, she'd be ticked. And I'm too repulsed by the whole thing to just C) ignore it and forget it ever happened. I guess I decided on D) rant about it on my blog and subject my poor friends and family to the trivialities of my life.

1 comment:

cdr said...

I'm guessing the parent of the nose wiper wasn't watching that closely then since he/she did nothing about it. Either that or the parent didn't care.

That's really annoying. And gross.