Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Halloween Piano Recital 2008

I got tired of seeing the post about my kid mooning people, so I had to post something else.

This is the second year that I have done a Halloween recital, and I love doing it. It gives the kids an extra chance to wear their Halloween costumes! We do the recital at an assisted living home in the area, and the residents love seeing the kids dressed up and hearing them perform. I even found some spooky Halloween songs for most of them to play.

Here we are, all the kids minus one, plus me and two stowaways:





And of course, we have to have the silly picture. This is how we look at the end of a lesson:





I am really having a lot of fun teaching this year - probably my favorite out of all the years I've taught so far. The kids are great and most of them are doing a good job of practicing, which makes lessons so much more fun. This year I'm teaching not one but two of my own kids - Thing 2 started lessons. You would think that teaching my own kids would be horrendous, but we actually have a good time. Plus, that's two students out of my twelve that I don't have to wonder about how their practicing is going - I'm all for less mystery!

1 comment:

gloria said...

Mitchell was wondering what Luke's costume is.